Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sunshine Award

http://beddyburc.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/sunshine-blog-award.jpg?w=549

Isn't it nice when someone gives you a pat on the back and says "Good job!"?  Well that's what happened to me recently when the lovely Lauren from The Well Crafted Home let me know that she was sending me the Sunshine Award.  This award is for “Bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”!  What a great thing to pass along~

Here is how this award works:
  • Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them
  • Answer the following 10 questions about yourself
  • Select 10 more bloggers, link their blogs to your post and let them know they’ve been awarded the Sunshine Award!
  • Don’t forget to copy and paste the award on your blog!
So here goes!  I'll try not to blow your mind with my oh so fascinating life~
1) Fav colour?  I don't like the hurt any of the other colours feelings so I don't really have a favourite, but I'm currently very drawn to peach.  This could change by the time I post this though.
2) Fav animal?  OK, now I seriously can't possibly begin choose.  They all fascinate me, except for the ones with loads of legs and antennae. (Cats and giraffes are probably the coolest but you didn't hear that from me)
3) Fav number?  42-no interesting story here, it just is.
4) Fav drink? Pour me a tall glass of pink lemonade and I'll be pretty darn happy.
5) Facebook or Twitter? OK, I'll be totally honest here, I hate them both.  I can barely find my way around Facebook and I only set a page up for Etcetorize out of peer pressure. And Twitter? I really don't like that it makes me sound like my grandma did when the internet first came out, but...I just don't get it (for the record, I don't think I've ever met anyone who does).
6) Good book or Good movie? Oh, a good book, most definitely!  And when they turn it into a good movie, that's even better.  You can find me as Etcetorize on Goodreads if you want to see what I'm reading.
7) My passion? You probably expect me to say sewing or crafting, but I think it's actually travelling.  People who don't know me very well are often surprised that I'm the kind of person who likes to throw on a backpack and venture off to far away places all by herself and just disappear into a new culture...but I do it, and I've been to over 40 countries so far!
8) Giving or getting presents? Well, that's a hard one isn't it?  But I probably enjoy making and giving presents most, especially to my niece and nephew.
9)  Fav day? The day after I've mowed the lawn.  I have a big yard and it can sometimes take me two hours to mow the lawn.  When I can just go into my yard and enjoy it without having to work on it, I love it and can totally relax.
10) Fav flower? Well, I'm actually allergic to flowers.  People don't believe it until they hand me a bouquet and I instantly start sneezing, coughing, and choking (very pretty I tell you).  I still like them though, the flowers that is, and my garden is full of them.  I would really love to get more tulips in there though.

That's it!  That's me. Now you know everything about me.

And now I get to tell you about 10 wonderful bloggers out there who I think you need to go check out:

Lucija-2 Cut(e) 2 Sew
Adele-Mammy Made
Mie-Sewing Like Mad
Amanda-Simply Homemade
Donna-Distressed Donna Down Home
Kirsten-Craftiments
Lisa-Stuff n Such by Lisa
Amy-A Home Made
Leslie-Leslie Marquez Designs
Jodi-Meaningful Mama

Thank you so much Lauren for including me and for liking Etcetorize enough to tell others about it.  I'd like to say I'd do this even if my mom were the only person following my blog, but really, it's all of you who keep me inspired and creative.

Thank you!  Have a sun shiny day!


6 comments:

Mie Brindle said...

Oh wow thank you SO much. What an honor :-)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much! Its nice to know someone reads my blog!!!

Donna Wilkes said...

Tamara.
Thank you for thinking of me when choosing other bloggers to receive this award. I would immediately jump to put this on my blog, but I cannot figure out how to get it over there! I am good at writing, but a horror when it comes to computer stuff!
I appreciate your support!

Donna (who is definitely distressed now!)

Etcetorize said...

No worries Donna (and anyone else wondering)...just right click and save or copy the picture at the top of the page and paste it into your post somewhere and then follow the 4 guidelines (ie: answer the questions and pass the award onto 10 of your fav bloggers out there). Contact me directly if you need more help, I don't mind~

Amy said...

Tamara!! Thank you so much for thining of me and my lil' blog! :) You made me super happy! I can['t wait to check out the other blogs too! xoxo

Donna Wilkes said...

Tamara - I think I have successfully completed my Sunshine Award Blog! Thanks for the support.
Actually just ran into a snag - can't figure out how to put my post link on here! BUT the link back to you works!
Undistressed Donna!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...