Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Show and Tell: Just a Simple Dress

That's right, it's the simplest of dresses.  But guess what?  Whenever I wear it I get the most compliments.  I'm not sure if it's the fit, the fabric, or the colour, but it all seems to have come together very nicely.


Normally I wear it with a very long gold chain but I got lazy taking these shots and left my new jewellery on.

Here's a close up of the fabric.  Just a cute little floral print rayon:


And this is the pattern I used:


I made view B without the band at the bottom.  ( I just checked the Butterick site and it's still in their current line up.)  This was super easy to put together.  If you know how to do facings and zippers you can make this dress easily.

Once again, classic elegance seems to have trumped elaborate design. 


Even Katya agrees~

Don't forget to enter the Big Plaid Giveaway if you haven't already.  If you're making Christmas presents this year, it's a pretty awesome prize!

9 comments:

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

you look marvelous darling! an oh so elegant!!! hugs...

Gen said...

You both look very pretty! And I just love that dress!

WobiSobi said...

As with everything you make, I love it!!! and you look awesome in it.

marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings said...

this looks so good. ugg my body would not work with that shape but you pull it off wonderfully! 'd love you to add this to my link party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

AllieMakes! said...

Beautiful! Fabulous picks on fabric and cut!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie this week! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Love the dress!

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

It does all come together well. I think the style is fabulous. It works really well on you! I hope you'll stop by and link up to Make It Wear It Thursday (opening Wednesday night this week).

Kathy said...

Hi:

It's a great, simple and classic dress. You look elegant in it. We would love to be able to post your photo and a link to your blog on our Facebook page: Fb.butterick.com.

Please let me know if we have your permission. Valeryp@mccallpattern.com

CraftyCooky said...

Wow, love that dress. So chick.

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...